Powered by Blogger.
RSS

How to break into sports law? Here's how I did it.

I'm honored to be the subject of an article in this past Sunday's Concord Monitor. News columnist Ray Duckler penned the story, in which I talk about how I broke into sports law, some of the stories I've covered and sports figures I've interviewed and how I use my Sports Illustrated work to better teach my UNH Law sports and entertainment law students. I hope you might enjoy reading it.

Here is an excerpt:

McCann flew to Austin, Texas. He rented a car and drove to Armstrong’s estate, a huge compound enclosed by an electronic gate. Once McCann figured out how to use the digital communications device, the housekeeper let him in and Armstrong moved down a spiral staircase for their talk.

“His central theme was that everyone was cheating, so why was his conduct elevated to this position?” McCann said.

The two discussed a $100 million lawsuit filed by the U.S. Postal Service, which sponsored Armstrong’s team with a $40 million investment. The suit, still pending, claims the USPS would not have paid the money had it known Armstrong and his teammates were cheating to win races.

To read the rest, click here.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment